Agile development techniques are a great success with many software development organizations today. Agile Scrum is one such well known, agile, powerful and simple framework, which is a lightweight process utilized for management and control of the software development process incorporating iterative and incremental practices.
Organizations have come across beneficial experiences transitioning from the traditional waterfall methodology to the Agile Scrum. There have been teething problems faced by organizations but as and when experience has increased, it has proven to be highly successful, speedy and agile. Agile frameworks assist in enhancing the time to market, increase efficiency and help decide priorities. In order to lead teams for success and better output, Agile Scrum is the most disciplined and widely used. It is independent of developer practices. It can be easily coupled with other agile methods like extreme programming, pragmatic programming etc. It can be applied to non IT projects also.
How to get Scrum to your organization?
It is essential to have a Certified Scrum Coach (CSC), who are experts in the Scrum methodology. They have detailed knowledge about Scrum and real time experience too. A CSC can actually make you live through the project at each step and ensure implementation of the Scrum method at each phase.
What is Scrum?
Rules and Principles of Scrum
- Early customer satisfaction and trust
- Business people and development teams work together
- Effective face to face conversation
- Maintains a sustainable pace of development
- Late changes are welcomed
- Frequent delivery of valuable working software
- Early visibility to business
- Regular inspection and adaption
- Teams to self organize themselves
- Each to treat themselves as Scrum Expert
- Adapting team’s goals as your own
- Team’s success / failure, your own
- Progress monitoring using sprints
- More emphasis on project management
- No pre-decided development process
- More emphasis on peer commitment
- Product Backlog
- Sprint Planning / Meeting
- Sprint Backlog
- Daily Scrum Meeting
- Sprint Review Meeting
SPEC INDIA, your ISO 9001:2015 certified IT partner, has been following the Agile project methodology for multiple projects with a variety of domains and technologies. We have skilled resources who not only excel in their chosen technology but are well versed with project management techniques and the roles and responsibilities each one of them holds in case of Agile Scrum framework.