“Coming together is a beginning; keeping together is progress; working together is a success.” – Henry Ford
This is what is happening in the information technology sector today.
A dream comes true for any business owner whenever the implementation of a comprehensive and stable ERP system in the organization occurs. It seems as if the task is accomplished and the roadmap to success and profitability is laid down. Yes, it is true in terms of refining business processes but along with its implementation, there is a huge bulk of additional information waiting to be managed and monitored. What about this valley of information that needs to enhance attention, with which it can provide you a breathtaking insight into your own knowledge bank, in such a magical way, you wouldn’t have ever imagined! That is where one feels the need for Business Intelligence solutions to be a part and parcel of any ERP development, to increase the synergy and enhance the productivity and profitability of the business.
Are these two technology stalwarts synonymous with each other or do they value add each other? One thing is for sure – the way these two technologies are moving ahead and close to each other, there is a sure shot time coming soon when they both will be totally encapsulating each other and there will be no ERP without inbuilt BI and analytics. Even today multiple ERP development companies have BI solutions as an integral part of their solutions. BI tools, today, have attained a high level of technological expertise and maturity that can assist any organization’s enterprise resource data as well as any high-end enterprise solution that is implemented, to avail maximized benefit, enhanced decision support and add business value to the organization.
5 Key Reasons Why Business Intelligence Services Leverage The Success of ERP Solutions
- Although ERP implementation may focus on making life simpler for organizations, there are umpteen complex and challenging technical structures that may turn out to be a nightmare if not handled profusely. That is where business intelligence and analytics serve to converge with the ERP solution with its broadened set of data visualization, trend spotting, statistical test analysis, predictive analysis, data sciences and so on, adding a touch of simplicity and ease of use to the implemented solution. This allows organizations to undergo an in-depth evaluation and improvise operational efficiency with better predictions and understanding of the entire system, including our very dear customer, in the first place.
- One of the prime reasons why BI needs to be mandatorily a part and parcel of ERP solutions is the amount of data that will be generated by implementing this solution. And if the data is not handled and managed in a systematic and proper manner, there could be a reverse effect on the organization. Instead of enhancing the success of the enterprise, it could lead to utter chaos and confusion. That is where the implementation of a robust BI solution is needed. With properly planned data warehousing, the entire bulk of data being pulled out from the ERP solution can be systematically planned, monitored and managed, which is just beyond capacity barring business intelligence.
- Talk about any ERP solution and there is a sure shot bulk of third party legacy data, piling onto it. This data needs to be carefully handled and seamlessly integrated into the ERP system. If not done properly, there are chances of mishandled information being circulated by the solution. Insights have to be properly gleaned through BI solutions, via a thorough analytical procedure, which will take into account the entire bulk of legacy data, system-wise, analyze it in-depth in comparison to the ERP solution being implemented and find out ways and means to seamlessly integrate the two.
- BI is a true mirror of your own organizational performance and data. It reflects your business growth and progress, alongside the implementation of ERP solutions. There are no more chances of guessing or estimating important decisions based on self-thinking or intuition. There are proven statistics, with visually appealing dashboards/reports that talk of the entire gamut of information in the desired pattern at the most appropriate place and time.
- Yet another important aspect that BI handles for any successful ERP solution is time management task wise. Along with proper risk analysis and mitigation strategies for each event at each predefined time interval, the BI solutions turn out to be a great helping hand in analyzing the time intervals for each happening task, thereby, leading to a cautious watch over timely and disciplinary fulfillment of the tasks.
It is now a known fact that the perfect synergy between ERP systems and BI solutions is the most advantageous happening for organizations to grab the positives of both individually as well as reap the ‘add-on’ benefits that will showcase because of this wonderful integration. Hence, from the transformation of data into meaningful information to providing organizations with customer-centric visibility into their own information, this wonderful combination of ERP + BI serves it all.
As a single stop IT solution provider, we @ SPEC INDIA have garnered visible experience in implementing ERP solutions all around the globe, including Fortune 500 companies. Our skilled BI and Big Data resources have been implementing multiple business intelligence solutions with a multifaceted range of services, in vivid technologies that, as mentioned above, can give your organization the best of both worlds – ERP with enhanced BI features.