The official announcement by Google to launch the ‘Android One’ platform is creating waves in India. It seems like a wide spread initiative, which is bound to reach the masses through Indian vendors and hardware partners like Micromax, Spice and Karbonn. They aim to target the $100 mobile market in the Indian scenario, providing them with the best Android experience. With the apt blend of an exciting Android experience and a tough hardware to support, Android One targets the Indian audiences with its affordability factor with the delicious icing of its diverse alluring features.
As told by Sundar Pichai, the back bone of Android – Google, these phones are bound to be good quality smartphones with Google providing the latest software support. Simultaneously, Google will readily assist their partners to build the required hardware to support these features.
One of the most significant features of these Android One supported phones is that they are attracting the low cost segment users with no compromise on quality and inherent features. It gives the flexibility to the partners to customize their given product but will give the fundamental platform to maintain and update.
These partners have selected ecommerce online stores for the exclusive sale of these devices. Micromax with Amazon India, Karbonn with Snapdeal and Spice with Flipkart – these are the online shopping portals which will be responsible for the sales and marketing of the Android One supported mobile devices. Soon, based on the success of the online strategy, an offline sale strategy is bound to come up in the market.
This initiative, being a globally driven launch, has chosen India as their first trial country and will include other partnering countries soon, as per their experience and success.
Why buy an Android One Smartphone?
- Flexibility to push Android updates as soon as they arrive
- Automatic updation of latest downloads and features
- Available downloads directly from Google’s Play Store
- Existence of the latest version of Android (4.4 Kitkat)
- Exciting features like voice commands, quicker execution, powerful camera options
- Unlocking your phone with passwords, patterns
- Remote security with Android Device Manager in case of loss or theft of device
- Two year software support, a great relief for end users
- Soon increase in number of hardware vendors partnering with Android One
It would be a worth-while experience for us to observe the spread of these devices and thereby the reach of the world’s largest mobile giant to the masses. It is sure to deliver what it commits, as per past experience. Let us wait and watch.