About the Customer
The client is associated with one of the leading and industrious airport authorities. Having to deal with control and management activities 24*7, airports are one of the complex places to maintain.
- Airports can be complex places to navigate due to heavy traffic and number of passenger terminals
- Usually, queue management is crucial at airports. Understanding the flow of passengers, managing of passenger terminals, and provision of check-in to security is generally complicated at the airport.
SPEC INDIA is known for its dedication towards building most-usable and innovative software products. To help airport authorities in the better management of people, SPEC INDIA built beacon app which can connect people, places, and things.
The solution works in the following areas:
- The passenger arrives at the airport, opens the mobile application and enters flight details
- Beacon infrastructure in the airport and in passenger mobile app communicates with the cloud platform, delivering passenger’s actual location and offers the best route inside the airport
- All the accessible locations and services will be presented to the passenger as an interactive map-based navigation interface
Tools & Technologies
Benefits for passengers:
- Passengers walking into the airport can receive information on airline check-in counter numbers
- Passengers can receive information such as boarding time and gate number etc.
- It provides up-to-date and relevant information to passengers on their mobile devices such as directions to various locations including the gate, nearby restaurants, ATMs, restrooms etc.
- With the use of Way-finding, airlines can provide proximity based flight information to passengers
- It has the potential to reduce the number of missed or delayed flights
- Vendors / Duty-Free Shopping provide offers/ coupons/promotions when passengers pass through the stores
- Beacons can be used to trigger the ideal time to communicate to the passenger about the baggage
- For instance, when passengers enter the baggage hall, the phone can display which carousel their bags will arrive on, and how long it will take before bags arrive.
Business Benefits for Airport Management
- Real-time data on crowded areas:
By adding Beacon infrastructures at the airport, you will be able to watch over the accurate and real-time information about a number of passengers in each area.
- Time-related and Location-based Pricing:
The cloud-based platform can record passenger’s time and location that includes details about specific airport services like business lounges, relaxation rooms, smoking areas and so on.
- Up-selling, cross-selling, new revenue:
By gathering information about customers’ interests, destinations, and behavior, the airport can take advantage of the commercial relationships and expand the business.
- Infrastructure management:
By tracking general movements of passengers across the airport, operators can clearly understand what their infrastructure needs.
- Better Analysis:
Analyzing data can lead to better layouts that provide better experiences for visitors. This means shorter wait times and well-organized facilities.
- Passenger Management:
Proximity-powered heat-mapping or data generation can clearly show the flow of passengers, chances of holdup and where management should make changes.