About the Customer
Industry: Sales & Distribution
The client is a solution provider for route accounting, asset tracking, inventory control etc. It is a manufacturing B2B organization, based in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. It has its own product range that includes fruit juices, processed milk, and milk products etc. They manage the sales and distribution of products inclusive of all major processes like sales, promotion, invoicing, and product return etc.
There is a large chunk of data that gets generated, owing to the huge invoice cycles. The client wishes to calculate the following, which come up as a challenge:
- Bucket oriented information – calculation of time frame for customers who have a 30-day credit limit and a particular time frame after that. If they miss this time frame, the calculation will be done in the next collection cycle.
- Calculation of ageing details (amount not paid since ageing period) – salesman wise, channel-wise and consolidated summary
- Sales v/s collection status
- Maintenance of collection bucket based on customers
- Maintenance of collection information based on salesmen, sales channels, and collection mode (cash/credit) for all transactional data
Looking at the challenges of the client, SPEC INDIA helped by offering them a comprehensive BI solution that helps them grow and track their business effectively. The solution was simplistic to analyze and helped the client to explore data. Our solution was based on Power BI as the main technology and showcased the following features:
- Creation of Collection Calendar
We created a collection calendar from the sales and collection transactional data, creating a separate time frame bucket to meet the client’s requirement. We leveraged the SSAS technology to implement this solution.
- Timely Customers’ Collection
Using SSIS, we are maintaining the transaction type data. This is to identify sales and collection data to identify if customers’ collection is done in the stipulated time or not. It also shows how many aging and due bills are pending, with different parameters.
- Report Generation in Power BI
We are extracting the data from the main SQL transactional database using SSIS and SSAS. The data then gets loaded in Power BI and a variety of useful reports get generated.
Tools & Technologies
- Effective and well-optimized reports with rich graphical displays
- Details of collection for a time bucket
- Optimal business decision making using a comparison of yearly data-driven visualization
- Salesmen wise, channel-wise and customer wise collection data with yearly data-driven visualization
- Focus on a particular salesmen/channel/customer whose collection is low in a particular time frame, to fasten collection process
- Highest and lowest collection payment details of customers, identifying focus areas to attain more customer satisfaction
- Yearly sales and collection visualization to have better business growth