About the Customer
Industry: Food and Beverages
Client is a global food and beverage leader with net revenues of more than $65 billion and a product portfolio that includes 22 brands that generate more than $1 billion each in annual retail sales. Company is one of the Fortune 500 companies and a part of Dow Jones Industrial Average (DJIA).
Client had a huge database of its sales and distribution chain across the global offices and hence there was enormous data lying all over, scattered and cluttered. The challenge was to perform detailed analysis on product database, find out trends / futuristic patterns and derive the data patterns for finding KPIs. There was need for an interface to be designed, to load data from multiple data sources like excel, txt, pdf, legacy systems etc.
SPEC INDIA designed and developed a Business Intelligence solution for the customer which can help them in doing effective data analytics for Global & User specific views of their products. The solution covered following features:
- Functional Implementation:
- Centralized dashboard that helps various key decision makers to analyze Salesman Performance, Product & Route Performance
- Global scorecards to view various KPIs in a single view
- Salesman scorecards to analyze top sales performers, sales growth and comparisons
- Dashboard for Route analysis to analyze the route performance and identify the optimal routes
- Facilities senior management to define the goals and perform goal based analysis
- Drill down to minute details with Slice & Dice Functionality
- Technical Implementation:
- Supports 9000+ users globally
- Provided web based interactive dashboard based on Pentaho cTools for cost effectiveness
- Implemented ad-hoc analytics for product analysts
- Seamless integration with J2EE applications
- Compatible with iPhone/Android/iPad/Tablet
Tools and Technologies
SPEC INDIA’s successful implementation of BI Analytics Solution helped company in meeting its various business goals as stated below:
- Cost effective BI analytics solution using the open source technology
- Improved sales person effectiveness due to route and delivery planning
- Improved demand forecasting with detailed inventory module
- Self-service BI helped end users to design the dashboard and generate reports as per their specific needs.