Desktop Application Development
Desktop applications are those applications that run Desktop or laptop computer. The term is used either to contrast such "native" applications with Web-based applications that also run in the same computer, or to contrast personal computer applications with mobile phone applications.
Desktop applications can be of various types, like
- Client Server Applications
- Thin Client Applications
- Thick Client Applications
- Smart Client Applications
Desktop applications can be created in various technologies. We also provide our services for desktop application either as a part of enterprise solution or specific solution in multiple technologies.
Lot of times, we come across a problem statement as to whether the solutions should be a desktop application or a web application. Well we devised out a simple rule in order to do away with the complication. We have highlighted some of these aspects below:
- You want your application to be available to the user without being connected to the internet
- Your application should work in your own UI and not get restricted by the limitation of a browser
- Browsers often crash
- Opening of multiple tabs and viewing different websites reduces the performance of your application
- You want your application to be accessible outside the boundary of a browser
- You want to utilize and take advantages of system resources
- You want to utilize raw processing power of the clients system
- Any tweaks or handling of applications speed and performance are better managed in a desktop application rather than a web application
- In a browser based applications you get limited to using limited resources
- You want a widget running on the desktop
- Widgets are the new craze, which provides flexibility to the user to view something quickly. But sometimes these get resource intensive and memory hungry.
- You also get flexibility to dragging files from your local file system and take them to a widget. Isn't it flexible!
- You can remove it whenever you want and install it back when you think you need it again.
What we do:
- We design, develop and maintain Desktop applications that are effective, easy to use, scalable and easy-to-maintain.
- Our applications facilitate enhancements that are modular. We have been able to achieve this because our architectures are robust, scalable and manageable.
- Our Desktop Applications development spans several programming languages like
- Traditional VB 6.0
- .NET both using C# or VB.NET
- JAVA based desktop applications
- Our applications are secure, because we have a lot of thrust on architecture, design and security
- Our applications take care of globalization
- Legacy Application Migration to latest technologies