About the Customer
Industry: Data Storage Services
The client is a leading storage service provider in the USA, helping film, video and broadcast professionals work more efficiently and save big time on the cost front. The organization offers a variety of data management tools integrated into a single, globally managed, secure solution.
It also provides data visibility and data mobility platform, multiple data services, assimilating all different data sources into a single unified platform.
Being a popular storage-related service organization, following are the key challenges faced:
- High occurrence of replication, availability, redundancy storage, and backup
- Real-time monitoring of storage status and availability in different sites
- Backup planning and monitoring
- Aesthetically rich analysis of data
Diagnosing the challenges of the client, SPEC INDIA helped the customer to choose the best suitable analytics tool for their needs and helped them to derive meaningful insights through analytics capabilities.
We implemented the following activities, as a part of the solution:
- Set up basic prerequisites to use mongo DB BI connector with Tableau
- Create visualizations to analyze data storage space utilization, storage costing, backup, data replication analysis
- Design cloud-based Tableau site to accommodate analysis needs
- Manage data extracts for analysis and their scheduled refresh cycles
- Setup a Tableau Bridge client on the AWS EC2 machine to manage the refresh needs of large extracts on Tableau Online.
- Provide an incremental refresh solution for larger extracts to avoid extra resource usage over Online
Tools and Technologies
- Real-time status of storage to end clients
- Easier for business/marketing team to avail new business
- Replication analysis giving information about duplicate data
- Failure analysis to give information about backup servers
- Cost analysis to give information about the amount of money spent on storage
- Facility for the customer to drill through different file types (e.g. mp4, jpg, etc.) to fetch storage details as per each file type
- Customer to get all statistics about stored data in visualized form
- Better decision making for further data storage activities