The client is one of the UK’s largest and premier dry-cleaning and laundry service providers, with multiple branches all over.
Their expertise ranges from care for regular daily-wear garments to high-end designer wears. They possess years of experience with a stringent commitment to quality and service.
They wanted a software solution that could help them to handle the challenges – either invest in bigger boxes or in increased RAM or move onto the Cloud.
They currently have a round-the-clock business-critical application, being accessed all over the country, executing on an On-premise platform comprising of Windows App Server and SQL Database server.
Being a popular laundry service provider, there were some key challenges that needed attention:
Slow performance of a current application, especially during peak business hours
Impact on business performance owing to slow speed
Higher disk I/O consumption on the database server
High CPU usage and scarcity of memory on the application server
Scalability, with sales, upsurging about 2000% every year
Capacity issues with the organization
Diagnosing the challenges of the client, SPEC INDIA helped the customer by suggesting them to use Amazon EC2 Service for Application Server & Amazon RDS Service for hosting SQL Database Server. The company decided to use Amazon Web Services (AWS) for a trial run.
SPEC INDIA came up with a solution with a successful engagement of AWS Solutions Architect services. The solution exhibited the following benefits of using the newer set of tools and technologies:
Amazon Web Services (AWS):
- Complete migration of infrastructure to AWS
- Pay for what you consume. Instead of having to invest heavily by increasing On-Premises server architecture before knowing how you’re going to use them; customer can pay only when they consume computing resources
- Auto-scaling feature for applications during peak hours only
Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2):
- Security, Flexibility & Elasticity – a scalable computing service with complete control, ease of access, and fast execution
- Multiple availability zones (Multi-AZ) ensuring reliable, timely service, no matter how much traffic is hitting the sites
- Staging and production environments for websites and fulfillment of applications like back-office order management, order tracking, shipping, etc.
- Simplified setup and focus on application – Easy operations and scaling of a relational database on AWS
- Process requests and orders quickly and reliably even when handling thousands of requests in a second during peak periods
Amazon Elastic Load Balancing (Amazon ELB)
- Distribution of traffic across a group of Amazon EC2 instances in one or more availability zones, enabling them to achieve high availability in their applications
AWS Identity and Access Management (AWS IAM)
- Multi-factor authentication for utmost data security
Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3) for storage of files
Amazon Simple Notification Service (AWS SNS) for all email services
Amazon CloudWatch for active cloud monitoring of high-end transactions and database
Our detailed and accurate research , analysis, and refinement leads to a comprehensive study that describes the requirements, functions, and roles in a transparent manner.
We have a team of creative design experts who are apt at producing sleek designs of the system components with modernized layouts.
Our programmers are well versed with latest programming languages, tools, and techniques to effectively interpret the analysis and design into code.
Quality is at the helm of our projects. We leave no stone unturned in ensuring superior excellence and assurance in all our solutions and services.
We have a well-defined, robust, and secure launch criteria that offers us a successful implementation clubbed with detailed testing, customer acceptance and satisfaction.
Access of information from anywhere, anytime
Increased flexibility, mobility, data insight, collaboration, quality control
A competitive edge over the rest
Round the clock smooth operations and handling
Increased security and performance of business-critical applications
Saving big time on costs, efforts and infrastructure
Pay as you go feature, saving about 30% a year on hosting charges
Paying for additional server only when needed, saving on extra costs