About the Customer
The client is a key player in the global shipping, transportation & logistics sector, providing seamless international transportation solutions. Company offers Air Freight, LCL and FCL Ocean Freight services, uniquely positioning itself as a ‘one stop’ provider of worldwide transportation solutions. Company operates more than 75 offices worldwide and has over 2,000 employees across 5 continents. Client is a founding member of the WorldWide Alliance (WWA) and the AirCargoGroup, in the shipping industry, bringing together select networks of compatible companies confirming a collaboration of service at both ends of the shipping procedure. They offer global export services, providing a local logistic view with a global vision.
Since it is a rapidly growing global logistics agency, it is receiving large amount of data from various shipping industry members to measure the various KPIs of members and define the steps to improve the productivity. The prime point of concern is that each member is capturing the transactions data in various data sources, individually, which needs to be integrated seamlessly in a single form.
- Web Based ERP: Online Booking will be performed using the web based ERP and stored in OLTP database.
- EDI : Members exchanging the data using EDI
- Legacy System – Members capture the data into excel and MS-ACCESS application.
- 3rd parties file system – Members capture the data into csv and xml.
Following are the key challenges:
- Consolidate the data from OLTP and different types of files like excel, csv, xml.
- Data Profiling for heterogeneous data sources mapping.
- Data Cleansing and Transformation to convert in a single source.
- Embedded Pentaho dashboard and Reports to ERP.
- Generating analytics on Volume Spending, Member performance.
SPEC INDIA developed the customized BI solution using Pentaho community stack.
- Consolidate various data sources – OLTP database, Excel files, CSV files and XML files.
- Deploy various complex ETL jobs and transformation to integrate the various data sources into an enterprise data warehouse.
- Generate Key Analytics to achieve business goals.
- Multi-lingual support.
- File and Data level multi-tenant support.
- LDAP Integrations.
- Volume Spending Analysis
- Consolidated volume Spending analysis about the cost incurred to transit the volume.
- Summarize volume, spend and shipment details for a selected member and time series across various carriers like surface, air and ocean.
- Analysis of the spending category and trends
- Advanced data visualization
- Member Performance
- Analyze Member Performance for sending the goods from location a to location b.
- Drilling the time spent in various stages for sending the goods from location a to location b.
- Consolidated view of the top performing and non performing members for each quarter/month/week
- Comparison of member performances for Year to Year and Month to Month.
- Region wise comparisons for performing and non performing members.
- Visualization of the top 10 Members, with a provision to check the granularity of the various stages.
Tools and Technologies
SPEC INDIA’s successful implementation of BI Analytics Solution helped company in meeting its member performance and benefitted them in the following ways:
- Improved turn-around time for analysis and reporting
- Standardized data across the organization
- Removing the information processing load from transaction database
- Dashboard/Reports support on mobile and multiple browsers with SVG
- Detailed insights on organization performance KPI through historical data