About the Customer
Industry: Sales & Distribution
The client is a solution provider for sales & distribution of a variety of products, route accounting, asset tracking, inventory control etc. It is a manufacturing B2B organization, based in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. It has its own product range that includes fruit juices, processed milk, and milk products etc. They are heavily involved in all major processes like sales, promotion, invoicing, and product return etc.
There is a large chunk of data that gets generated, owing to the huge sales cycles. The client wishes to leverage this bulk to data and utilize almost 3 years to transactional data to get data-driven visualization and dashboards. This is a difficult task to accomplish.
The client needs certain complex functionalities inbuilt in the dashboards and reports. For e.g., the default setting of the first day of the week as Sunday (since the client in Saudi Arabia and Power BI has Monday as the first day or week).
The client needs dashboards/reports that showcase
- Data by the quantity and sales amount, with basic selection buttons
- Sales/return dashboard in a hierarchical manner – department wise, salesman, route, customer wise
- Date filters with two types of variations – the date range and hierarchical
- Sales data with different business channels e.g. RETAIL, HORECA, and KEY accounts.
- Product performance on different channels
Looking at the challenges of the client, SPEC INDIA helped by offering them a comprehensive BI solution that helps them grow and track their business effectively. The solution was simplistic to analyze and helped the client to explore data.
Our solution was based on Power BI as the main technology and showcased the following features:
- Utilization of SSIS technology for data migration from the transaction system to a data warehouse
- Tabular model to handle large and near real-time data
- Customized code to showcase the first working day as Sunday
- Power BI bookmark to manage flipping the report between amount and quantity
Tools & Technologies
- Effective and well-optimized reports with rich graphical displays
- Details of sales/quantity by visualization
- Optimal business decision making using a comparison of yearly data-driven visualization
- Focus on a promotion that offers more sales, channel-wise quality selling, identification of more popular products, etc.
- Highest and lowest sales details of customers, identifying focus areas to attain more customer satisfaction
- Good and bad return analysis to identify reasons for the return and thereby, take steps to reduce those