About the Customer
The client is associated with one of the best Christian law schools where they prepare students to dedicate their lives for justice, serve the church, pursue the truth throughout the globe. Their community is shaped by the commitment to the Gospel – the life, death, and rebirth of Jesus. The students can receive hands-on learning experience through worship services and helps to clear one of the difficult California Bar Examination.
The client already had Box integration with Salesforce which provided standard functionality, but it didn’t resolve the client’s problem.
Some of the challenges include:
- If the salesforce admin needs to hyperlink a Box doc to their chatter file or personal library, they have to click the hyperlink to access it.
- Difficult to upload files which is more than 4 MB as Salesforce heap size is 6 MB and support to upload file is from 4MB-5MB at a time.
- Customized box component doesn’t provide SSO features. It is difficult for the user if he needs to enter credential once and later authenticate the box automatically.
- Box maintains folder structure user wise. But, the client’s requirement is to maintain the folder structure with the object relationship.
- Box only provides a view for upload images similar to gallery, but if client wants to generate PDF from the selected pictures, there is no option available.
After understanding challenges and requirements, we found that the box cloud storage lacked major functionality. So, we customized some of the functionalities to use Box with Salesforce.
- Salesforce folders were mapped into 3 sections: accounts, their child object, and personal library (including chatter files, Profile Picture). Files uploaded on the salesforce get synced with the box in one of the 3 folders.
- Box account is synced to the appropriate account, opportunity, and personal library in Salesforce. It allows users to search and download the document on their devices on the go.
- Visualforce component is created, which uses BOX SDK and provides SSO with the customized Visualforce component.
- Enables to upload bulk files from Visualforce page
- Added customized component which allowed to upload any type of document/file
- customize file naming convention based on selected type of document
- Created one more component which is placed in every related object which provides the view of the folder hierarchy.
- Created a page which displays all the account on that page. User can select any number of accounts to generate a PDF which will display the account’s profile picture directly from BOX.
Tools and Technologies
SPEC India’s successfully implemented box integration with salesforce which benefited them in the following ways:
- Salesforce users will use Box in conjunction with Salesforce with additional functionality and feature
- Users can post files to BOX, or simply attach them to a Salesforce record
- User can generate multi-pages PDF with more than one profile pictures of multiple accounts
- The solution is provided to upload large size files