About the Customer
The Client is one of the popular law schools in the USA who is committed to preparing next-generation Christian lawyers. This school assists in earning law degrees and clearing the most competitive California Bar Exams. They equip the students with the values, knowledge, and skills needed to inspire, innovate, and impact the world. Excellence-driven, Christ-centered, People-focused, Future-directed, this school is devoted to pursuing the truth across the globe.
This school had a massive data of students, faculty, admissions, exam grades, scholarship, financial aid, and other government submission reports. But, the data scattered in multiple systems and had tight integrations with various systems.
Following were the key challenges:
- Consolidating data from multiple sources and designing data warehouse
- Data profiling for accuracy & completeness
- Data cleansing for detecting and correcting corrupt records
- Embed various visualization and analysis in the web-based system for admission and management staff
- Web-based system storing student-faculty online application and admission data.
- CRM integration with Salesforce
- Financial Accounting data in Peach Tree
- Legacy data/forms in MS-Access
SPEC India designed and developed a Business Intelligence and Analytics Solution for the customer which can help them in doing effective data analytics. As per the student’s pattern, this solution helped in marketing campaign and even forecasted & identified students’ competitive exam cleared ratio/interest/retention ratio etc. It covers following features:
- Competitive Exam Passer/Failure Ratio Analysis
- Visualization for comparison of university’s result with other universities results over the period.
- Displaying the total count of student appeared in the exams, the number of passers among them and ratio of passers within the given duration of the dates.
- Detailed analysis of passer/failures of students by gender, by GPA, by LSAT score, etc. for first-timers as well as repeaters.
- Students Registration Trend
- Visualization of registration trend of students at the census, live and registration period.
- Top Course Trend As Per Enrolled Students
- Visualization of enrolled student information by semester by class and by program
- Chart showing top ‘N’ registration trends for courses
- Visualization can be bifurcated by categories of courses i.e online/offline
- Students Retention & Graduation Summary
- Retention trend of students by the year
- Graduation trend of students by the year
- Drill down student information for each trend
- Students Application Status Summary
- Application trend of students by type of applicant status (New, visiting or transfer, etc.) for year
- Application trend of students by gender for a year
- Technical Implementation:
- Data warehouse design for visualization
- SSIS development to load data into the warehouse
- Tableau Dashboard Development for various requirements
Tools and Technologies
SPEC India’s successful implementation of BI Analytics Solution helped University in various analytical goals. It benefitted them in the following ways:
- Fetched meaningful insights into the large set of historical data
- Forecast retention ratio and effectively design the new programs as per student
- Identify performing and non-performing student pattern for competitive exams
- Compared results with other universities
- Identify the yearly trend of the application by specific age group, gender which can help them to target set of the group for the campaign.