About The Customer
The USA-based client is among Fortune 500 companies and associated with the healthcare industry and offering best-in-class revenue and payment cycle management solutions. They aim at establishing a better healthcare system with the help of advanced technologies and solutions such as healthcare analytics solutions, enterprise medical imaging solutions, and payment solutions. They are one of the leading healthcare IT companies across the USA serving a wide-ranging customer base that includes providers, patients, and payers, and partners to provide value-based healthcare systems.
With one of the largest financial and administrative information exchanges in the USA healthcare system, the organization is changing the face of the healthcare. Till date, they have managed more than 65M imaging studies, more than 170M lives covered, and reached more than 5K hospitals, 120,000 dentists, nearly 800,000 physicians, and so on.
- With IT systems holding sensitive PHI (protected health information) data, security and compliance are the most important concerns.
- Majority of teams and systems continue to follow legacy software development lifecycle practices with manual operations and human dependencies. The outcome was low business agility, lack of innovation, and recurring quality/deployment issues.
- Database deployments are manual with dependency on DBA and Production Support teams causing longer deployment time.
- Support for multiple test environments with minimal downtime.
- Traditional manual testing is a time-consuming approach and slowdowns overall software delivery process with incomplete code coverage causing reduced quality.
- Lack of visibility in management team for software development progress.
SPEC INDIA is one of the early adopters of the DevOps approach with the right mindset, appropriate skills, and standard practices. SPEC INDIA created whole DevOps pipeline from the scratch. There were no existing DevOps tools and lack of efficient delivery and integration of software product.
- Implemented automated security controls to enforce data encryption (at rest and in transit) and HIPAA compliance.
- Adopted various agile practices like Scrum and Kanban for improved software delivery and faster feedback loops.
- Implemented the CI/CD pipeline for code deployment on every commit by the developer.
- Implemented version control system for database and automated database code deployments with CICD pipeline removing human dependencies.
- Automated environment provisioning with infrastructure-as-a-code practices.
- Automated functional, regression and smoke testing and integrated with CICD pipeline – enabling shift-left.
- Orchestration of various DevOps practices and integration of tools for various technologies.
SPEC INDIA’s Implemented Pipeline
- Automation of security controls enforces compliance requirements
- Moved from waterfall release to sprint based monthly release to weekly continuous deployment
- One-click environment provisioning on cloud platform enabled multiple test environment creation resulting in improved business agility
- Automation with continuous integration and deployment reduced manual errors and streamlined deployments with improved quality
- Integrated automation testing improved the quality of deliverable and faster release cycles
- Improved team collaboration and development visibility with the integration of tools