About the Customer
USA based client is associated with one of the global internet services providing companies that is offering DSL, copper, fixed, wireless, cable Internet, fiber-optic services, and mobile broadband services. The company is serving millions of people across the globe by offering high-speed internet at a minimum cost. Being one of the largest companies, they have more than 20k employees working in various units.
Having a large employee-base, the client wanted to perform employee attrition analysis to understand the specific needs and concerns of the workforce and to optimize the employee experience. As the overall cost of employee turnover is $15 Million per annum. The objective of employee attrition is to potentially reduce the cost of replacement and to grow more aims to offer excellence, maximum employee satisfaction, and the right culture.
A client wants to build a model that helps to identify predictors of attrition and to enable the identification of the workforce who have a particularly high likelihood of leaving the workplace.
Here are some of the challenges the company faced:
- Availability of lucrative offers from other companies
- Expectations of high salary
- The right candidate in the wrong job
- Fewer opportunities to do something new
- Difficulties faced in work-life balance
- High level of stress and out-of-reach goals
- Unable to provide the right training
Familiarizing with the problems of the client, SPEC INDIA came up with employee attrition analysis based on a predictive model technique.
- Explored the employees with HRMS Application
- Consolidated the five-year historical dataset
- Explored the datasets and removed outliers and anomalies
- The team identified 33 key attributes and build a data mart
- Build a model on a training data set
- The model presented set of characteristics along with statistics
- Validate model based on the entire data set
- The model predicted and identified the employees who were likely to resign or stay in the organization.
- Developed a Dashboard for HR Leaders where they can structure out personalized/group strategies for retention.
Tools & Technologies
- With this predictive model, HR can plan out retention strategies in order to keep hold of the valuable employee
- The company can recruit the best-fit resource by finding out the one who is likely to stay
- Removes bottlenecks and creates the space for the entry of new talents
- The new employee can bring in new thoughts, new ideas, creativity and more innovation at work
- The company can refrain to pay rewards to undesirable employees
- These results helped the business to reinforced general perceptions of people in the business areas about the hotspots. It gives more mileage for HR to encourage investment in interventional strategies