About the Customer
The London-based client is associated with a food waste management service where they help the hotel/restaurants/schools/hospitals to reduce food waste and cost while increasing the gross profit. This product-based company has their smart device and software solution which tracks the unnecessary wastage and provide meaningful analysis to their chefs and staff to get the most from their kitchen.
With the most reliable service of providing actionable information on food waste, the organization is serving the customers across Europe, Asia, New-Zealand, Carrabin, Canada, Costa Ships and many more regions. Till date, the customers have the record of saving 3-8% on food cost which ultimately generated the high ROI of 2x to 10x.
Consistency is important as this solution is integrated with the third-party service provider.
Some of the challenges faced were:
- The existing solution provided Microsoft BI (SSRS) report but it incurred high-cost, the outcome was low and lacked business agility
- The client looked for a solution that can reduce the cost, provide the grained data about the food waste in real-time, track the performance and increase the flexibility
- Data captured from multiple regions provided different time-zone which created a lack of visibility amongst the management team
- The client wanted an enhanced solution for their customers which can send reports before their start of the day
SPEC India understood the requirements and provided an end-to-end Pentaho Business Intelligence solution to grow their business in a smarter way.
The solution was integrated with the following features:
- Migration from Microsoft Business Intelligence solution to an open-source cloud-based Pentaho community BI platform which cut-off the licensing cost and increase flexibility
- Charts were customized in Pentaho reports so that they look similar to Microsoft SSRS reports
- The solution provided an advanced functionality where the user can even view the data by ad-hoc queries
- Implemented a multilingual business intelligence solution for different countries
- Pentaho analyzer was integrated to provide an easy-to-use, drag-and-drop design environment which can be used by anyone to explore the data
- Several reports were provided which includes
Daily Reports: This report provided the data of category-wise food waste for the specific day and also offered the comparison of food waste for different days
Weekly Reports: This report provided the data of week wise comparison which helped customers/chefs in making intelligent business decisions
Cross-Site Reports: This report provided the data of multiple websites which helped regional managers to drive their team in the right directions
Tools and Technologies
- Proved to be a cost-effective solution for their customers as it cut-off the licensing cost
- Migration from Microsoft BI to Pentaho BI was carried out smoothly without affecting the existing components
- Blends the data from multiple sources, turning data into valuable insights
- Provided effective and well-optimized reports with rich graphical displays
- Provided an enhanced insight to make an optimal business decision
- Self-service dashboards where their customers can create personalized dashboards
- The solution was easy-to analyze and helped to explore data through Pentaho analysis