About the Customer
USA based client is associated with one of the popular Christian law school. This law school promotes justice for the poor, seeks for religious liberty and provides biblical conflict resolution. For student’s success, they aim to help them with the right programs, right approach, and right practice.
The client wanted to upgrade salesforce to a new version/release i.e lightning. However, migration of existing developed pages from classic to lightning was not possible due to the formula fields issue.
We had 126 formula fields on our custom object. Many of the formula fields used too complex business logic to calculate the result. It displayed the entire formula field in Salesforce Classic’s Page layout. But, when tried loading record in lightning UI, it gave error
The solution given by Salesforce Lightning was not practical enough to implement with the system.
Some of the challenges faced during executing Salesforce Lightning Interface were:-
- Upgrading the instance to lightning, need to be consistent with the previous instance
- Unable to reduce the number of lookup or formula fields and overall fields numbers
- On creating and display field in a classic, migration to lightning was blocked
- The user was not able to add more complex formula or lookup fields as there was a limit to show fields on Lightning UI
- Edit or clone is not allowed in Lightning UI
After analyzing the challenges, the team of SPEC INDIA came up with their own solution of implementing the component. Our solution includes the following things:
- Detail page was overridden in lightning. In the classic view, it showed salesforce’s standard detail page
- The component displayed all the fields which were on the standard detail page layout. This component can even remove/add field automatically when the user updates to standard page layout
- Subcomponents were also displayed automatically based on fields type
- Detail Page, Edit Page, Clone Page: every page is overridden with the implemented component
- Component behave the same as lightning UI
Tools and Technologies
Successful migration from classic to lightning helped our client to provide a more compatible view and their business efficiency was increased by 50% – 60%.
- Accurate view for all the formula fields without reducing the number of fields from the page.
- Customers will be more comfortable and confident to migrate in lightning
- No need to change business logic
- No need to compromise for showing fields
- No more manual intervention or redundant work needed