About the Customer
Industry: Manufacturing and Distribution of Products
The client is one of Myanmar’s largest manufacturing and distribution conglomerates serving a customer base of over 300k across the globe. With various manufacturing units, warehouses, distribution centers and point of sale units accessed by over 1000 employees, it is considered as a leading organization operating in many geographical regions.
Following were the key challenges encountered by the client:
- Automating end-to-end processes from production to sales to accounting
- Implementation, training & roll-out at multiple branches and handle change management
- Re-engineering existing business processes
- Availability of real-time/offline data on mobile devices to address low connectivity issues
- Syncing with multiple branches/offices and get real-time/near real-time BI-MIS reports
- Local language implementation
- Need for centralized control with decentralized entity management
- Integration with multiple devices viz. RFID, POS system, weighing machine, LED shelf display, blue tooth and Wi-Fi printers, blue tooth scanners, biometric devices
- SPEC INDIA has developed a cloud-based, scalable, customizable and integrated Mobile ERP system, capable of performing all business critical transactions as well as automating operational processes in the organization.
- The ERP solution is accessible on multiple devices – mobile / desktops/ laptops/tablet / smart screens / wireless display across the organization to give a single point of real-time data reference. The solution provides access to real-time data across the organization – Corporate Offices, Production Plants, Warehouses, Distribution Centers, Transport Cells, on the fleet, Delivery Points etc.
- Live monitoring/fleet tracking & reporting of the entire dataset, on-the-go or off-the-field at centralized center with summarized data of multiple geo-locations and activities is available.
- Portals for customer and vendor access are also available.
Key Modules of the Cloud Based Mobile ERP System
Tools & Technologies
SPEC INDIA’s successful implementation of the Mobile ERP system has seen a huge business impact across the organization which has led to productivity enhancements. It has brought along the following key benefits:
- Improved Quality of Service: Allows employees to improve quality of service to customers by giving them access to relevant information.
- Increase in Productivity: A more productive workforce with the help of mobile ERP as the information is available anywhere, anytime. This ERP also provides quite a few transactions in offline mode (i.e. without Internet) to eliminate downtime.
- Accurate Data All the Time / On-the-Go: Helps employees be more effective at their jobs as they need accurate, up-to-the-minute data.
- Competitive Advantage: Better coordination between departments due to interconnected modules and transactions. E.g. Production machine maximum usage is defined in a fixed asset. When the machine is used in actual and crosses the threshold value, alerts are given to the production management team for taking further actions.
- More Accurate real-time data Capture: Easy for workers or field executives to enter all relevant data accurately as they gather it in the field without rekeying the data into back-end systems which makes real-time entries possible.
- Highly configurable: The ERP solution has a configurable report builder, using which end users can build their own reports as per their needs.