About the Customer
The USA based client is an owner of a leading chain of super multi specialty hospitals, in the healthcare segment, spread out in different cities of USA. All the hospitals are equipped with advanced medical tools and provide best medical treatments to its patients who come with different kinds of ailments.
The hospital management needs to supervise all working areas of the hospital encompassing management of patients, their statistics category wise, details of patients and their treatment etc. To offer best, advanced, and personalized services, the hospital management needs to effectively manage patient related controls.
With little experience in the technical world, the client was finding it difficult to extract desired information, for better management and supervision. They were in look for a dashboard that could offer them all needed details.
Yet another challenge that the client was facing in its reporting process was the high degree of manual work that had to be extracted, cleansed, and analyzed, while culling out information.
There was a need to load and analyze 10 years of data-driven visualization and then, look at every patient-related information based on different parameters.Since the hospital has many centers all over, they were in look for tight & controlled access to users. The client also wanted to embed the dashboard in their web portal.
SPEC INDIA understood the client’s requirements and offered them an effective and end-to-end BI analytic dashboard solution that helped client to monitor and manage all their patients and healthcare units with ease and security.
Our solution was equipped with the following features:
- Use of SSIS Package to migrate data from the transaction system to data warehouse
- Tabular Model to handle large and near real-time data
- Use of row-level security in Power BI for restricted data access for given users
- Use of custom lollipop chart for better visualization
- Use of custom code to embed dashboard in the client’s web portal
- Visualization metrics displayed on the dashboard
- Total Patients
- Total Patients in ICU
- Total Died Patients
- Total Re-admit Patients
- Average Days of Discharge
- Number of Patients by Gender
- Number of Patients by Hospital Hierarchy (County | State | City | Name)
- Number of Patients by Division and Department
- Number of Patient by Age Group
- Number of Patients by LOS (length of stay) Bucket
- Number of Patients by Discharge Type
- Number of Patients by City
- Average waiting time by Division and Department
Tools & Technologies
- Improved real-time insights from structured and unstructured data coming from diverse sources, including business systems, EMR, weblogs, medical units and medical devices
- Effective and well-optimized reports with rich graphical displays
- Enhanced insights to make optimal business decisions using comparison of monthly data-driven visualization
- Proactively identify and indicate patterns and trends within the data streams
- Simplified sharing of data, reports, and dashboards with CXO to make timely decisions
- Tight and secure user access control
- Reduced report load time and query time to few minutes and seconds respectively
- Reducing storage to less than 5% when compared with competing data visualization platforms, owing to Power BI
- Setting up threshold data points on specific parameters and alerting key stakeholders in real-time due to Power BI
- Reduction in complexity while understanding fragmented data due to Power BI