About the Customer
The USA based client is associated with the fitness industry and running fitness centers in many states of the USA. Since 40 years they are providing fitness services with modern gym equipment and personal trainers to ensure that clients are achieving their fitness goals.
As they are running multiple fitness centers across the country, there is a huge database which their server was incompetent to handle and it was difficult to analyze and visualize the data. Moreover, need to bring the agility and scalability to smoothen the operational process.
- Setting up server environment in Microsoft Azure, a configuration of SQL Server 2016, Reporting and Analysis services both Multidimensional and Tabular models
- Extracting a selected number of files
- Loading data into SQL Server in Microsoft Azure with the creation of a new database by importing data from existing files in SQL server
- Transform and extract data from the files as per the needs
- Developing Multidimensional Cube in Microsoft Azure that analyzes Training frequency, data of member visits, Comparison of previous records
- Security model to restrict the users from accessing the reports in Power BI Service and Office 365
- Creating a report in Power BI Desktop with connection to the multidimensional model. The report will include different type of visualizations in order to make the potential of the tool obvious to the business users
- Uploading Power BI report to Power BI service and accessing it with office 365
As per the client’s requirements, we proposed Microsoft Azure and Power BI service to turn data processing into analytics and provide real-time insights into the business.
The solution was integrated with the following features:
- Existing system-generated data files at every month-end and put all files on the shared drive. ETL Package read the files and load data into staging database to maintain the integrity of data
- Filter and Cleansing operations are performed on the data and data is loaded into data warehouse database (SQL SERVER 2016 Standard edition)
- Multidimensional Cube (SSAS) is created on the Data warehouse database and all hierarchies, measures & calculations will be created on this cube.
- Deployed Multidimensional cube on SSAS service.
- Power BI reports are created using the Multidimensional Cube (SSAS connection) to represent different findings and insights from the dataset
- Power BI reports are published in Power BI services and loaded into Office 365 online to visualize and analyze data with greater speed, efficiency, and understanding
Tools and Technologies
- Easy extraction of real-time data from azure to store in SQL server
- Club members visit frequency can be tracked at day, month and year grain
- Members can be identified based on age group
- Dashboard visualization showcase the overall picture of the business including the total strength of the members