About the Customer
The client is a key player in the global shipping, transportation & logistics sector, providing seamless international transportation solutions. Company offers Air Freight, LCL and FCL Ocean Freight services, uniquely positioning itself as a ‘one stop’ provider of worldwide transportation solutions. Company operates more than 75 offices worldwide and has over 2,000 employees across 5 continents. Client is a founding member of the WorldWide Alliance (WWA) and the AirCargoGroup, in the shipping industry, bringing together select networks of compatible companies confirming a collaboration of service at both ends of the shipping procedure.
With such a massive spread across the globe, in different geographies, the major challenge that the client was facing was manual processes involved in data management in the back-office Fleet ERP. This was very time-consuming, involved a lot of efforts and was prone to human errors. It was a tough task to manually cull out needed information, at the desired time and location. Even data analytics & reporting to the top management about the latest progress was an almost impossible task.
There was an incessant need for a Warehouse Management App (WMA) to automate these processes by updating and integrating the cargo information and thereby reducing the effort.
Adding immense value to the already existing Fleet ERP system, SPEC INDIA developed an integrated Warehouse Management iPad App, and is completely integrated with the Fleet ERP system. This ensured online updation of the ERP system and higher customer satisfaction.
SPEC also provided a very useful value added feature in this app, called Performance Analytics which gives automated insights about app crashes, connectivity status, error logs, installs & uninstalls etc. Using this feature improvements in user experience, performance and training requirements of users could be derived.
WMA Key Features:
- Cargo Receiving – This module is used for receiving cargo into the warehouse via WMA.
- Retrieving Lot number information from Fleet ERP system
- Updating Dimension
- Uploading Cargo and Trucker Pro Images to Freight Images
- Scan Lot Piece
- Save/Update Lot number information to Fleet ERP system
- Cargo Location:- This module updates the location of received cargo in the warehouse
- Scanning Lot number
- Scanning Location
- Updating Location of Lot number in Warehouse
- Cargo Documents:- This module shows the documents like images, cargo receipts, bill of lading etc. associated with Lot number.
- Scanning Lot number
- Retrieving, Uploading and Deleting Cargo and Trucker Pro Images to Freight Images
- Retrieving and Viewing documents in pdf format
- Container Loading:- This module includes the process of loading cargo into container when ready to be shipped from one warehouse to another. It also helps the warehouse team to avoid the mistake of loading wrong cargo into the container.
- Retrieving Load Plan number information
- Scanning Lot piece of Lot numbers associated with Load Plan number
- Uploading of Cargo Images
- Save/Update Load Plan data at Fleet ERP system
- Warehouse Inventory:- This module displays all the information of the Lots present in the warehouse.
- Scan Location
- Scan Lot number
- Save/Update Location with lot numbers
- Container Unloading:- This module performs the following vital activities:
- Create multiple shipments Discharge Plan based on multiple bookings from Fleet ERP.
- Unload multiple shipments from Truck and ability to scan them without any sequence
- Navigation from Container Unloading screen to cargo receiving screen for input of dimension, image capture and other details.
- Auto Hold and Auto CRN – Ability to automatically send customer receipt notifications when cargo is received as well as put cargo on hold automatically based on various criteria.
- App Performance Analytics which gives automated insights about app crashes, connectivity status, error logs, installs & uninstalls etc.
- Automatic capturing of cargo weight and dimensions data (by way of integrating 3rd party software called Cargo Spectre)
- Auto Lot Creation from Booking number
- Functionality to update Hazardous info
- Ability to re-receive Stop Off containers from other origins with WMA
- Multiple Shipment Receiving
Tools and Technologies
SPEC INDIA’s successful implementation of Warehouse Management App helped company in meeting its organizational goals and benefitted them in the following ways:
- Automated and hassle free cargo handling processes
- Real-time access of back-office fleet ERP system
- Easy tracking of warehouse inventory and movements
- Faster documents handling and information retrieval
- Increased customer satisfaction