It was developed by Progress in 2014, named a “visionary” in Gartner Magic Quadrant for Mobile App Dev Platforms (MADP).
- Easy learning curve
- Backed by a strong community
- Fully native performance
- One code, multiple platforms
- Direct 100% access to iOS and Android APIs
- A wide range of plugins and templates for faster development
NativeScript is giving tough competition to the frameworks like Ionic, React Native and Flutter.
Due to the use of XML for platform-independent UIs, Angular and Vue.js integration, reusability of code, and native performance, NativeScript is popular among developers and enterprises.
Popular apps built with NativeScript:
Triodos Bank, Daily Nanny, Sennheiser, MyPUMA, Portable North Pole, SAP
- Apps are larger in size than native apps
- Dependencies on plugins
- Debugging issue of an app
It offers freedom to choose the architecture based on the requirements.
A Good Read: React Native vs. NativeScript vs. Ionic