‘Learn once, write anywhere’ – popular for this cross-platform support, React Native is an open-source mobile application development platform created by Facebook in 2015.
It is used by Facebook, Instagram, Skype, Tesla, Uber, Walmart, Baidu, Vogue, Salesforce, Pinterest, and many more.
React Native makes it easy to develop native-like, engaging, and superior apps for platforms like Android, iOS, web, and UWP.
It is one of the top-trending cross-platform app development tools having the ability to deliver native-like experiences.
What Does It Offer?
- Built-in components
- single code base for developing iOS and Android Apps
- Superior UIs and UX
- Native-experiences through platform-specific features
- Code reusability and faster development
- Fast Refresh for instant changes in components
With stronger community support, continuous evolvement, and cross-platform support, React Native is the number one choice of developers and organizations to build cross-platform apps.
- Requires native development expertise
- Animations issues
- Dependencies on third-party libraries
- Still evolving
In 2018, React Native had 2nd highest number of contributors for any repository on GitHub. Despite some limitations, it is a popular cross-platform app development tool, reducing development time, cost, and efforts.
A Good Read: React Native vs. Ionic vs. Flutter