ETL tools is extensively used to implement the data warehouse. It provides the major activities required for the filling the data in Data warehouse.
Extraction: Acquiring data from various source systems.
Transformation: Changing the form and/or content of the data into the structure of the target data warehouse.
Loading: Actually storing data in the target data warehouse.
Apart from this ETL tools supports the various other activities like-
- Change Data Capture: To extract the data which has changed.
- Data Validation: Filter the invalid data .
- Data Cleansing: correct the invalid data.
- Aggregations: calculations of the data.
- Key Generations: To uniquely identify the data .
- Data Loading: Adding new rows or updating existing rows.
Why ETL ?
ETL tools saves time and money to implement the data warehouse from the various data-sources with comparision of hand coding integrations.
As ETL tools provides
- Graphical interfaces to easy use
- Connections with the wide variety of database
- Debuging and logging.
- High performance on data transfer
- Easy deployment
- Open source solutions offered by pentaho or talend to over come risk of budget
Problem With Hand Coding.
- Integrate the data from various data-source then it takes long time to implement the data warehouse.
- DBA always have a problem to connect with various database without any external tools
- To add any source of data in data warehouse then lots of rework is required.
Most Prestigious And Famous ETL Tools-
- Pentaho Kettle
- Informatica PowerCenter
- Inaplex Inaport
SPEC INDIA have the dedicated expert team on Pentaho Business Intelligence Solutions and Talend which help to quickly implement the cost effective data warehouse for any organizations.