The whole world is dealing with the shockwave of a global pandemic that has taken thousands of lives and put almost every life under threat. The devastating impact of virus has left industries in an utter turbulent time and forced to shut their operations excluding life-essential products and services.
While we are unable to estimate the loss it is causing and time it will end, businesses are prioritizing employees’ health by allowing them to work from home options regardless of the city, country, region across the world to minimize the spread of COVID-19.
SPEC INDIA, known for its people-first approach, taken a necessary step to go completely remote, hence, giving all employees WFH to ensure health and safety in this anxious and chaotic environment.
Coronavirus, COVID-19 is a highly infectious disease that has affected 187 countries and is continuously affecting many more in the upcoming days if serious cautions are not taken. The time and impact of COVID-19 are uncertain and that’s the reason we must break the chain of the outbreak by distancing ourselves from the world.
Amidst COVID-19 outbreak, employee health and safety remain our top priority and we ensure that by operating remotely. We must do everything we can to fight this invisible enemy that has shaken the world and taken hundreds and thousands of lives. While every employee is working from home, we are walking the extra mile to provide uninterrupted services to our clients, fulfilling our commitment to quality and assuring a secure code of conduct in the WFH system. We all are in this together and we will come out.
-Millind Shroff, CEO, SPEC INDIA
What We Must Do For The Well-Being Of Societies And Ourselves?
With so much information, reports, and pieces of advice are being forwarded to contain the outbreak, SPEC INDIA is here with high-quality and reliable information about COVID-19.
The Most Basic and Essential Practices We Should Follow To Slow Down Transmission:
- Maintain effective personal hygiene and frequently wash your hands with soap and water or alcohol-based sanitizer
- Avoid touching your face(nose, mouth, eyes)
- Cover your mouth with a tissue when coughing or sneezing
- Eat healthy food, stay hydrated, and seek medical advice if not well
- Avoid non-essential travel, stay home, stay safe
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Clean or disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces including laptop, PC, phone, doorknobs, etc.
- Practice social distancing and self-isolation, avoid public gathering
Social distancing, this is a must, must step to break the chain of this epidemic, and at large, you are fulfilling small yet very essential duty towards the well-being of the entire community and yourself.
SPEC INDIA, being a leading digital transformation company, having 300+ employees and global operations is encouraging work from home for its all employees. This became possible with early planning, timely management, and continuous efforts to become a people-first organization.
To ensure our quality services across industries and the world, here are some of the things we have taken care of:
- 100% work from home with proper guidelines and working hours management without any hassle
- Data Security & Awareness: we have instructed all our consultants operating remotely about the sensitivity and security of the client data they are withholding by means of Development & QA / UAT environment, strongly having an exclusive contractual agreement towards keeping the same secured & confidential to an individual
- Allowing access to an individual’s office machine through SPEC VPN network only; avoiding possibilities of the data breaches as much as possible
- On-time call/scheduled meetings with clients remotely to ensure reliability
- Early, prompt, and reliable information frequently shared among employees
- Distribution of masks, sanitizers, and maintaining cleanliness across the SPEC House
- The completely location-independent team, thanks to the round-the-clock support from Infra team, HR team, and top management personnel
We will continue to do our best to support our employees by helping them to set up their WFH environment, guiding them to maintain personal hygiene, sharing information and insights for best WFH practices to make this transition smoother.
Stay safe and we will see you soon on the other side!