Recently, Microsoft released its latest version, ASP .NET MVC 5.2. Let us have a glance through the overview of this framework and why is it so popular.
What Is MVC Framework?
Layers Of MVC Framework
The Model Layer
The area of the application taking care of the logic for the application data.
The View Layer
The area handling the display of data
The Controller Layer
The part looking after the user interaction
The major highlight of MVC architecture is the ease with which you can manage and implement complex applications with individual focus on all the three aspects, without much dependency on each other. This also leads to different groups of developers working on distributed work based on the logic layer they work on. As compared to the traditional ASP .NET (web forms), this model offers a lightweight, secure, integrated framework including all the features of the traditional one.
Why ASP .NET MVC?
• Ease of handling complexity because of segregation of layers
• Total control of application with the developers
• Support for an enriched routing infrastructure because of usage of a Front Controller pattern
• Increased support for test-driven development
• Ideal for increased teams and for developers who want a higher control over the application.
Features Of ASP .NET MVC
• Application tasks are segregated into different logic layers hence making it easy for the developers to control the entire development process.
• Customizable framework hence, independent view engines can be plugged in
• Highlighting features such as forms authentication, URL authentication, membership and roles and many more from the original ASP .NET
• Availability of ASP .NET routing features that allow for searchable URLs.
Here Comes ASP .NET MVC 5.2
The latest release of this framework is ASP .NET MVC 5.2, which features the following highlights:
• Enhancements in Attribute routing
• Automatic generation of route names for attribute routes
• Modification of route prefixes in a centralized place
• Controller filtration
SPEC INDIA, the single stop solution to all your IT requirements, has gained a lot of skilled expertise in Microsoft Application Development and has strived to keep implementing the latest trends and technologies. We have been using the latest versions of ASP.NET, C# or VB.Net, Silverlight, HTML 5, Windows Phone, MOSS, SQL Server with Services like SSIS, SSAS Entity and Framework.