DevOps is gaining momentum among software development companies to build high-quality software at high velocity.
To implement DevOps in any organization, you need to create a DevOps pipeline.
A pipeline in software development consists of set of tools, flows, and automated processes, enabling teams to leverage technologies to build and deploy software.
Core components of DevOps pipelines:
- Continuous Integration Tools –merge code in a central repository
- Continuous Deployment Tools – configuration and infrastructure management
- Continuous Testing Tools– automated tests
CI/CD pipeline must be well-defined as per the organizational structure to create a modern DevOps environment along with strong collaboration and automated processes.
How it works?
The DevOps pipeline can be summed up as:
- Write code
- Test the code
- Deploy on server
- Test and feedback
- Fix issues
- Deploy server in the live environment (production)
- Constant monitor and measure
- Repeat this process
This well-structured pipeline strengthens organization’s ability to deliver faster with frequent releases, emphasizing on continuous improvement and enhanced customer satisfaction.
Best DevOps Pipeline Tools:
- Azure DevOps Pipeline
- GitLab CI
CI/CD practices facilitate concepts like microservice architecture and containerization.