ReactJS – An Introduction
- Learn once, write anywhere
- Easy to create interactive UI
- Predictable and easy to debug code
- Building encapsulated components
- Creation of new code without rewriting code
- Virtual DOM and one-way data binding
Who Uses ReactJS
Dropbox, Khan Academy, Yahoo! Mail, New York Times, Netflix, Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, Codecademy, Instagram, Uber, etc.
ReactJS Developer: An Overview
ReactJS, being a multi-layered framework, has been a key delight for developers and organizations alike. ReactJS developers have been instrumental in assisting business owners to focus on their core business areas, without having to bother about other IT-related activities. This has helped big time in enhancing client satisfaction.
Why Become A ReactJS Developer?
There are certain obvious reasons why developers chose to attain expertise in ReactJS or why organizations chose to hire ReactJS developers. Here are the key purposes:
- Continuously keep track of the latest modern trends and build an intuitive and simplistic design, keeping up well with client requirements
- Are proficient in increasing the speed of building a product and making it live in a short span of time
- Build solutions that can adhere to a larger audience, increasing scalability
- Enhance SEO ratings by ensuring search engine crawlers can perform their best
- Are much in demand, very well paid, and have a welcoming market, as of now
- Can keep clients engaged with engaging designs, UI, and frontend
- Help in increasing the popularity of the application and product through effective UI/UX
ReactJS Developer – Roles And Responsibilities
As an efficient ReactJS developer, he/she is supposed to perform certain defined roles and follow responsibilities to get the best of results. Here are the major ones, that any ReactJS developer is supposed to follow:
- Leverage the inbuilt React toolkit for creating frontend features
- Create data visualization tools, libraries, and reusable code for prospects
- Integrate designs and wireframes within the application code
- Monitor interaction of users and convert them into insightful information
- Enhance application performance with constant monitoring
- Translate wireframes and designs into good quality code
- Optimize components to work seamlessly across different browsers and devices
- Good understanding of CSS libraries, GIT, Sigma, Adobe XD etc.
- Proper user information authentication
- Develop responsive web-based UI
- Constant interaction with other developer teams and design team to discuss UI ideas
- A thorough review of applications needs and interfacing elements
- Follow proper documentation for changes in application and further updates
ReactJS Developer Skills
- Complete understanding of ReactJS and its main fundamentals like JSX, Virtual DOM, component lifecycle, etc.
- Preceding experience with ReactJS workflows like Flux, Redux, Create React App, data structure libraries
- Understanding of RESTful APIs/GraphQL, HTML/CSS, ES6 (variables and scoping, array methods), code versioning tools like GIT, SVN, etc., popular frontend development tools, CI/CD tools, DevOps, performance testing frameworks like Mocha, Node + NPM
- Preferred degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or similar
- Competence to translate business needs into technical requirements
- Open-minded team player, willing to accept feedback and offer suggestions
- Good time management, project management, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Capability to write crisp and clear code based on guidelines and best practices
- Willingness to learn modern-day tools and processes
- Good problem-solving, troubleshooting skills
- Creativity and accountability
ReactJS Developer Salary Structure
There are multiple factors based on which the salary structure of a ReactJS developer depends, here are some of them:
- Years of Experience
- Skills and Roles
- Level of Expertise
- Training and Certification
Based on the above parameters, different geographical locations offer different salary figures. Here are the approximate figures listed by different sources of information that may change based on global conditions:
The average ReactJS Developer salary in the USA is $120,043 per year or $61.56 per hour. Entry-level positions start at $82,500 per year while most experienced workers make up to $157,500 per year.
As per Neuvoo, the average React Developer salary in the US is $121,992 per year (roughly $62.56/hour). Entry-level positions start at $65,000 a year while experienced workers earn as much as $171,000/year.
Other countries have different figures, some of which are:
- United Kingdom – $70,903
- Australia – $73,497
- Ukraine – $21,600
- India – $11,804
- Philippines – $8,569.08
- Spain – $68,216
- Germany – $53,864
- Canada – $120,00
Note: The above figures are approximate and derived from different sources, as observed by them.
Why/How Hire ReactJS Developers?
While organizations understand well how important it is to recruit or hire ReactJS developers, more focus must lie in choosing the right source for picking up resources. Here are certain key ways by which you can hire ReactJS developers of good quality and efficiency levels:
- Sourcing of resources from different locations like online communities, freelancing sites, job sites, organizational websites, social media platforms, etc.
- Assessing resources by checking their profile, resume, skills, and past work experience
- Checking for hard and soft skills while interviewing resources
- Searching for resources from conferences, hackathons, or offshore outsourcing partners
Future Scope Of ReactJS Developers
ReactJS developers surely have a promising future since ReactJS is showing no chances of turning back. As compared to other peer competitors, ReactJS developers are being paid heavily and are in demand. Facebook and the entire community have been trying hard to keep enhancing the effectiveness and speed of ReactJS. Hence, it is imperative that ReactJS will keep fighting the competition hard and come out as a winner.
Newer updates and ways of rendering are expected soon. A newer fragment syntax to JSX is about to be added that will need no keys. There are chances of improvising error handling which earlier created difficult times. Enhanced server-side rendering is expected in coming versions, which shall work well for developers.
The way it is growing, the demand for ReactJS developers is exponentially higher.
Common ReactJS Interview Questions:
Organizations prepare themselves well while selecting ReactJS developers and have crucial, important, and challenging questions that must be prepared for, by potential candidates. Here is a list of such ReactJS coding interview questions and ReactJS experienced interview questions that help in selecting the apt ReactJS resource:
- Since how long have you been using ReactJS?
- What is ReactJS and how is it beneficial?
- What are the limitations of ReactJS?
- What frontend languages are you most familiar with?
- Which features of ReactJS do you find most beneficial for UI design?
- How does ReactJS work and what is Virtual DOM?
- What are the differences between a class component and a functional component?
- What are controlled and uncontrolled components in React?
- What is a higher-order component?
- What are the keys in React?
- How to pass data between React components?
- What is Redux? Explain its components.
- What is the difference between React Native and React?
- What application interface components have you designed in earlier projects?
- Do you know of any organizations/applications using ReactJS?
Wrapping It Up
These are reasons and facts good enough to prove that ReactJS developers are much in demand that they do have a bright future. With the right kind of experience and regular updates with newer features, developers can build a great career with ReactJS.
Many apps, startups, and organizations are leveraging the potential of ReactJS and understanding the reasons why it is so popular. Yes, it does need official training and mentorship, but it does yield great results!