The global developer population is expected to reach 28.7 million people by 2024.
We are here to talk about one of the popular roles based on React Native app development – React Native Developer. Here, in this article, we will be talking about React Native developers, react native developer skills, roles & responsibilities, react-native interview questions, react native developer salary, and more.
React Native Developer: What Is A Role Of React Native Developer?
Before we know more about the role of React Native Developer, let’s first know who react native developer is and what skills are required to become one.
Who Is React Native Developer?
A Quick Introduction To React Native:
React Native is an open-source UI software framework created by Meta Platforms, Inc. It is widely used to develop applications for Android, Android TV, tvOS, Web, Windows, iOS, macOS, and UWP. It offers native platform capabilities to build natively-rendered apps for iOS and Android using the same codebase.
React Native Developer Roles And Responsibilities
What Does A React Native Developer Do?
Simply, they build UI components of mobile applications.
Let’s see this through technical perspectives:
React Native Developer Responsibilities:
- Work as a part of a small team that includes other react native developers, designers, QA experts, and managers
- Build app and UI components from prototypes and wireframes
- Work with native modules as and when required
- Use Native APIs for tight integrations with both platforms – Android and iOS
- Write automated tests to ensure error-free code and performance
- Improve front-end performance by eliminating performance bottlenecks
- Create front-end modules with maximum code reusability and efficiency
- Implement clean, smooth animations to provide an excellent user interface
- Work with third-party dependencies and APIs
- Work with Redux architecture to improve performance of the websites/mobile apps
- Coordinate with the cross-functional teams to build apps in stipulated time/budget.
React Native developers have been in high demand following the popularity of React Native framework. If you want to hire a react native developer, you can mention below the skills that are required for this role.
React Native Developer Skills: What Are Required Skills To Become A React Native Developer?
Technical Skills Of React Native Developer:
- Significant experience working with React web and mobile along with tools like Flux, Flow, Redux, etc.
- Strong knowledge of React fundamentals such as Virtual DOM, component lifecycle, and component state
- A complete understanding of the full mobile app development lifecycle right from prototyping
- Knowledge of type checking, unit testing, typescript, prop types, and code debugging
- Experience working with REST APIs, document request models, offline storage, and third-party libraries
- Knowledge of user interface design and responsive designs
- Well-versed in a variety of React Native software and technologies such as Jest, Enzyme, ESLint, and so on
Non-Technical Skills Of React Native Developer:
- Strong knowledge of software development approaches, principles, and flows
- Experience working on large, complex web and mobile apps
- Ability to create and maintain smooth continuous integration and continuous delivery pipeline of React Native applications
- Understanding of React Native best principles and design aesthetics
- A positive mindset and continuous-learning attitude
- Stay updated with new updates, technologies, and news of React Native
- Ability to solve issues and contribute to libraries as and when needed
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to communicate strategy
- Familiarity with modern front-end tools and building pipelines
- A collaborative approach to build apps and solve complex problems
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Client-focused approach with a goal of creating user-centric designs
- Good interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills
- Ability to write clean, well-documented code that follows good coding practices
This list may include some specific skills related to the position or requirements of the company. But, overall this sums up nearly all skills that are required for this role.
Why Hire React Native Developer?
Hiring react native developer not only saves your time and cost but also results in improved performance, speed, and experience.
Here are some benefits of hiring React Native Developer to build mobile applications:
This is obvious as using React Native, you can build a single app for different platforms (Android and iOS). By using the same codebase for multiple platforms results in cost-saving and time-saving. Cross-platform development saves time as it offers maximum code reusability except for native UI components building.
While, practically no other option can beat native app performance but when you have requirements for cross-platform, React Native is a winner. The architecture of react native is very well-formed and tuned to mobile devices. It uses GPU (Graphics Processing Unit) or more GPU-intensive rather than CPU-intensive to deliver native-like performances.
You will easily find resources, hire react native developers, and leverage a huge ecosystem of React to build mobile apps. It is powered by Facebook and the community that has poured constant efforts and contributions to make React Native the best framework for developing mobile apps.
React Native is a great choice for creating high-quality, native-like user experiences without compromising quality and functionality. It reduces load time, offers platform consistency, and smooth UIs, making app development quicker. Since only one codebase is used for different platforms, a large amount of code can be reused. This makes app development faster compared to other approaches.
Let’s see how much you can earn if you are a React Native developer in different parts of the world.
React Native Developer Salary: How Well Are React Native Developers Paid?
According to Glassdoor, the national average salary for React Native Developer is ₹25,000 per month in India.
According to Talent.com, entry-level positions start at ₹500,000 per year while most experienced workers make up to ₹1,752,000 per year.
React Native developer salary in India ranges between ₹1.4 Lakhs to ₹ 12.0 Lakhs with an average annual salary of ₹ 4.2 Lakhs.
The average react native developer salary in the USA is $120,000 per year or $61.54 per hour.
The average react native developer salary in the United Kingdom is £60,000 per year.
Talking about Australia, the average react developer salary in Australia is $135,000 per year.
According to Talent.com, the average react native developer salary in Canada is $130,000 per year while most experienced workers make up to $177,075 per year.
As per Glassdoor, the national average salary for Senior React Native Developer is €68,648 per year in Germany.
While salary is greatly varied based on experience, location, skills, and requirements, in general, React Native developers are paid well and are in high demand.
Let’s move to the part that is more useful for aspiring React Native developers – React Native Interview questions.
Top React Native Interview Questions:
We have collected the top 25 React native interview questions to help you crack an interview.
- Explain the difference between ReactJS and React Native.
- What are the advantages of using React Native?
- What is JSX?
- Tell us about core React Components and their usage.
- What is State and how it is used in React Native?
- What is Redux? What are the important components of Redux?
- What happens when you call SetState?
- How to re-render a FlatList?
- Explain a bit about Threads and different Threads in React Native.
- Describe the Memory leak issue and how can it be resolved.
- How can you write different code for iOS and Android in the same codebase?
- Build a “Hello World!” React Native app.
- How do you debug React apps and what tools can you use?
- Name a few companies that are using React Native to build applications.
- How do you style your React Native component?
- What is the difference between a functional component and a class-based component?
- Explain the life cycle of a React component.
- What are Props and how is it used in React Native?
- How do you call a Web API in react native?
- What are hooks in react native?
- Explain the difference between Hot Reloading and Live Reloading
- How do you install and create a React Native application?
- What are Higher-Order Components (HOC) and how do you use them?
- Explain how the Virtual DOM works.
- What is Flexbox? Describe its most used properties.
There are many interview questions and answers that help you crack React Native interviews easily.
React Native: A Framework Loved By Developers And Businesses Alike
React Native is a great choice for startups and for projects that don’t require complicated interfaces, logic, and access to native mobile features. By using React Native, you can reach a large audience at once – as one app can be used by both Android and iOS platforms.
While no one can beat the performance of truly native iOS and Android apps, React Native is a great option if you have a limited budget and time and you want to deliver the best experience.
Hire React Native developers to build amazing, native-like apps for multiple platforms.
What are you waiting for?
Have you built any cross-platform app for your business?